Move over, Millennial Pink. It’s all about Gen-Z Yellow!
Take a walk on the sunny-side with this bright trend. Just as millennial pink isn’t one shade of pink, Gen-Z Yellow appears in several shades from buttercream to egg yolk to electric yellow. So, here’s how to wear the Gen-Z Yellow trend.
Start With Gen-Z Yellow Accessories
Wary of bright hues? Start small. Add a pop of Gen-Z Yellow into your wardrobe with a yellow bag or heels, amber-colored sunnies, or some bright jewelry. Accessories will warm you up to yellow before you’re ready for a full-on monochromatic yellow look!
- Yellow Leather CrossBody Bag by Mango ($79.99)
- Granita Tassel Earrings in Yellow by Baublebar ($38.00)
- Isabella Cat-Eye Acetate Sunglasses by Illesteva ($230)
Ease In With Prints & Patterns
Prints are a fab way to break up color and tone down a bright hue like yellow. Yellow florals, plaids, and ginghams are a fresh way to work this trend!
- Fun Times Ahead Yellow Plaid Halter Top and Skirt by Tobi ($60 each)
- Marigold Mini Dress by Free People ($198)
- Abstract Print Cami Jumpsuit by Forever 21 ($19.90)
- Rodeo Dress by Faithful The Brand ($133)
Pick One Statement Yellow Piece, and Fill In Your Look With Neutrals
Pick just one yellow item, whether its a dress, pants, a skirt, or a top, and round out your look with neutral colors and tones. This strategy makes Gen-Z Yellow the focus of your outfit, without overwhelming you with color. For example, rock a bright yellow dress with tortoiseshell sunnies and white sandals, or a pair of statement yellow shorts with a plain white tee and converse.
- Valley Top in Yellow by Stelen ($35.24)
- Yellow ‘La Jupe Sol’ Skirt by Jacquemus ($459)
- Pull On Shorts in Greek Gold by Madewell ($39.50)
- Marisha Golden Yellow Halter Wrap Dress by Lulu’s ($76)
Go All Out!
Ready to dive into the Gen-Z Yellow trend? Put it all together! Step out in a monochromatic yellow ensemble, and coordinate your look from your shoes to your accessories in the same sunny shade. Be prepared to turn some heads!